vNARCON 2024

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12001 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic vNARCON 2024
> I will offer to build it for you for a minimum donation of $10 to the Bill Spadafora Memorial fund.

Wow! I'm in!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12002 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic vNARCON 2024
I liked the safety presentations. We'll discuss some changes to how we do things at Amesbury.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12003 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic vNARCON 2024
I watched both safety presentations. They covered some of the things that are of concern to us such as power lines and non rocket friendly neighbors.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12004 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic vNARCON 2024

I watched both safety presentations. They covered some of the things that are of concern to us such as power lines and non rocket friendly neighbors.

While those are ongoing, long-term concerns, I'm more interested in moving the flight line away from the pads by pivoting it 90° so it lines up with the truck and trailer and exists between the truck and the road. That way, all the pads can be angled toward the large part of the field and even a little up toward the hill if the wind conditions call for that. As nothing should be flying or be recovered toward the wires, that seems like the best place to put the people.
As we don't do salvo launching, we'll always have some folks out in the range recovering their rockets but that will be much safer than the arrangement we use now. I'd also think about moving the circle of pads closer to the road leaving the HP pad where they currently are.
This will be a topic of discussion at our February meetings.