× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

L1 Certification Help

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #11794 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic L1 Certification Help
Just pulled the trigger on the Yank Iris with both the 29mm and 38mm motor adaptors. I don't know that the 29mm adaptor will ever get any use, but it was $11, so why not? Also have a Jolly Logic Chute release on the way. Aiming to be ready for one of the Amesbury launches in September/October. Thanks for all the great info.

I'll be in Acton on Saturday to fly my LOC Graduator and T-LOC 4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KennB
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #11795 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic L1 Certification Help
For eleven bucks, you've got the ability to adjust to the conditions you find at the field. Never a bad thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry

More
7 months 3 days ago #11861 by Gerry
Update

The 4" Iris is built and the process was quite enjoyable. I need to come up with another name since, as you can see in the picture, it's not exactly looking like an Iris. To personalize it I modified the fin profile. Scalers will be horrified...sorry!

Just finished the first round of painting. So far so good. I've resigned myself to the fact that I've run out of time for an L1 attempt this year, but I have several other new rockets to fly in October, so all is good.

Attachments:

More
7 months 2 days ago #11862 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic L1 Certification Help

Update

The 4" Iris is built and the process was quite enjoyable. I need to come up with another name since, as you can see in the picture, it's not exactly looking like an Iris. To personalize it I modified the fin profile. Scalers will be horrified...sorry!

Just finished the first round of painting. So far so good. I've resigned myself to the fact that I've run out of time for an L1 attempt this year, but I have several other new rockets to fly in October, so all is good.

Hi Gerry...

Nice work!  You could call it "Giris"   :-)

​​​​​​
​​​​​​Rreporting from Athens...
DeltaVee

More
7 months 2 days ago #11863 by Gerry
"Giris"...hmm, I like it. Thanks!
Safe travels.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #11875 by Gerry
Sorry for dredging up this thread again, but want to make sure I understand the next steps. I just put in an order for an H219 with hopes to do my L1 cert attempt on October 28th. It's one of those disposable motors systems-type motors, so not completely "plug and play". I have a Aerotech universal delay drilling tool in the order. I've watched Tim V's videos on DMS' and the tool it so I think I can handle it, but if you have any tips on dealing with this type of motor I'm all ears!

So here's the big question: Is it safe to assume that if I bring the rocket, motor and certification application to the 28th launch I'll be able to get a "certification team"? Should I just go to the RSO and ask?  

By the way - CMASS has helped make this year awesome. I am so grateful for all that the club and it's leaders put into the launch events. I've been to all the launches since April and a few of the 2x monthly zoom calls. Sadly I'll be away and will miss the October 14th launch. Hoping for good weather on the 28th!

Thanks!
Gerry
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Gerry.