× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016

More
7 years 11 months ago #8301 by therocketn00b
Replied by therocketn00b on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016
I plan on being there, and will bring the MakerBeam launch pad with me, for anybody who uses micro buttons. I have a couple rockets that do, and the pad worked great at the April 23 launch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8306 by rocket_rob
Replied by rocket_rob on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016
Hello,
I've never attended a launch at Berwich, so I was curious about a few things. Is there parking available? Can we drive up to the launch area to unload our stuff? Is there a shuttle? Is there food and drink onsite? Last one, can we use pop up canopies with stakes? I see that this site is on a turf farm, so I don't know if they allow stakes or do we need weights? Thank you in advance to any one that helps me answer these questions. My family and I really enjoyed the Amesbury launch back on April 23 and we can't wait for this launch....hope for great weather!
Attachments:

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #8308 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016
Hi Rob,
If you and your family liked the launch in Amesbury, you're going to love Berwick Parking is available near the launch set up so there is no need for a shuttle (depending on the wind and harvested/planted areas, the launch set up can change from date to date). The field has many radial roadways and a perimeter ring; we always set up somewhere that will allow parking; the right way to park on a radial roadway is to pull your car off to the side just enough for another vehicle to pass on the roadway; on the perimeter road, you can park perpendicularly with your car all the way off the road - you'll see what others have done when you get there.
Burgers and hot dogs will be grilled on-site. Water, soda and some snacks will be available. Staking your canopy into the ground isn't a problem.
The weather forecast is looking good, so far. It should be a great day.

P.S. As an avid NY Yankees fan, I'd suggest you leave the Bosox shirt at home. ;)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by KennB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rocket_rob

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #8310 by rocket_rob
Replied by rocket_rob on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016
Thank you for the information, I found some of my answers when I finally had the time to look at the website. Don't fret, I won't be wearing my favorite t-shirt that honors the team that is tied for first place in baseball right now, I wouldn't want to hurt any Yankee fans feelings. LOL
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by rocket_rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KennB

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #8312 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016

Don't fret, I won't be wearing my favorite t-shirt that honors the team that is tied for first place in baseball right now, I wouldn't want to hurt any Yankee fans feelings. LOL

Don't worry, 27 World Championships creates quite a nice buffer. There are more of us around here than you may think.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8318 by therocketn00b
Replied by therocketn00b on topic Joint launch with MMMSC 21 May 2016
I'm going to try really hard to make it up there. I am scheduled to work, but might be able to get someone to cover me. I really want to be there.

Speaking of which, if anyone is going from the Boston area, could I possibly get a ride? My car is currently suffering from a state which I can only describe as "not working," and I may need to rent something unless I can go up with someone.