× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Thanks for a great season,...

More
8 years 4 months ago #8201 by therocketn00b
Replied by therocketn00b on topic Thanks for a great season,...
I only had time to go to three launches, but joining this club has meant a lot to me. Back in Indiana, I had a few large parks where I could go to launch some low and mid power rockets, but since moving to Boston, I don't know if I have that option. And this hobby is really important to me.

I didn't have a lot of luck with some of my rockets this fall, but I'm going to review my practices, start using some streamers on some of my lighter rockets, and build over the winter. Thanks to you guys for being supportive.

My goals for this coming spring are:

1) Get more of my rockets back
2) Get my Level 1 cert
3) Get to know some of you more

I didn't schedule a rocket building party for December because the one weekend it would have worked, I had some stuff to do, but I plan to host one in each of the coming months. At the advice of somebody - maybe it was Bob - I'm going to hold these earlier in the afternoons on Sundays so that people can get there when it's light out and leave before it gets too late for them to get up for work in the mornings. I hope some of you can make it out. Parking isn't that bad in Brighton on Sundays.

I got some good pictures and video, and some good experience, even if most of it was failure (that's how you learn, right?).

So, I'm going to miss launching, but I'll be building, and I look forward to next season. I'm sure I'll have questions for you more experienced folks, especially you HP guys.

Thanks for everything. Those three launches were the best time I've had since the move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.