× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

MMMSC Winter Solstice sparkie launch 12/21

More
9 years 4 months ago #7689 by KennB
33 flights total with about 1/3 of them sparkies. No catos and three rockets in the trees.

Jason had another unsuccessful holiday themed attempt. A couple of unsuccessful L1 attempts and one good one.

The sparky K-impulse drag race between Howard and Alex was spectacular. It was a repeat of the picture shown on the MMMSC website; same rockets but with sparkies this time.

Robert and Gloria had their new RV with them; quite impressive. The free coffee and cocoa were well received and for $2 you could get chili, cheddar/broccoli soup or a hot dog from AMW.

We had a few spectators and everyone was well entertained all day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #7691 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: MMMSC Winter Solstice sparkie launch 12/21
You need to be more specific about Jason's failure.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #7692 by KennB

Not in a public forum.

Let's just say that the Xmas Tree didn't fly straight and true. No human damage and no farm damage.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by KennB.

More
9 years 4 months ago #7693 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: MMMSC Winter Solstice sparkie launch 12/21

Not in a public forum.

Let's just say that the Xmas Tree didn't fly straight and true. No human damage and no farm damage.

That's pretty much what I expected. I hope there's video somewhere.

What was the special at the Thistle Pig?

More
9 years 4 months ago #7694 by KennB
We asked all videos be erased; so that means there will be plenty of them around.

At the Thistle Pig, every dish is special. There was a Portuguese chowder that was reported to get better as you ate deeper into the bowl (Boris, Guy, Liz), beer battered chicken app (Jim & Liz shared with others), roasted chicken dish (Guy), Moroccan spiced pollack (me), pork shoulder w/o Buffalo sauce (Jim) and the lobster mac-n-cheese (Boris). Jim & Liz and Boris split a chocolate stout cake and Guy and I had our own servings of Needhams made to the recipe of the grandmother of one of the owners. A very Maine dessert item that was quite delicious.

Now, don't you wish you were there? :P