× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Range Etiquette

More
13 years 7 months ago #4390 by bobkrech
Replied by bobkrech on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Bear traps might be more effective discouraging the little varmints from running through the launch circle! We could rename it the \"Circle of Death\" :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4395 by Phil Chouinard
Replied by Phil Chouinard on topic Re:Range Etiquette
I like Circle of Death maybe we could give the LCO a paintball gun? How many paint ball hits before they are ejected.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4398 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Re:Range Etiquette
I like what Ken does currently. If he catches a child going through the circle, then they have to wait out a \"penalty\" of a round or two of flights before theirs is launched. He did this in July to a child, and I know it upset the child and his father for it happening, but that kid never went through that circle again either.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4399 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Range Etiquette
> I like what Ken does currently.
Me too. It would be easier just to put up the string of flags on the posts of the low power pads like we used to.

Alan Swanson
Chairman of the Howard for Secretary Committee
Co-Chairman of the Bill or Ed for President Committee
Co-Chairman of the John for Treasurer Committee

More
13 years 7 months ago #4400 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Range Etiquette
alan wrote:

Alan Swanson
Chairman of the Howard for Secretary Committee
Co-Chairman of the Bill or Ed for President Committee
Co-Chairman of the John for Treasurer Committee

What, no strong feelings on Senior Advisor?

The penalty box is only necessary as we don\'t have any whips in the trailer. Could we get a grant for that?

We\'ve done the flags on the launch posts sometime in the past few years and there was a concern about them catching fire. Maybe if we have a string that is long enough and the necessary quick-posts, we could put something a few feet in from the pad circle (with a notch for Dan\'s RC Glider set up).

Kenn

More
13 years 7 months ago #4401 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Range Etiquette
> What, no strong feelings on Senior Advisor?

Mr. Katan never signed on as the chairman, so I could not assume the co-chair position ;-) BTW, congrats on running a successful campaign Mr. Blade and Mr. Wadsworth.

> We\'ve done the flags on the launch posts sometime in the past few years and there was a concern about them catching fire.

Really? We should try it again. I wouldn\'t think there should be an issue. If so, we need bigger blast deflectors then, or use the green posts which are taller, which is exactly how the range was set up in 1997. -Alan