× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Range Etiquette

More
13 years 7 months ago #4556 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Range Etiquette
billspad wrote:

Marsfire wrote:

2.Please bring your children to the launch. They are the future of the hobby and we want them there. But please make them understand they are there to watch / participate in a rocket launch. They are not there to play socker, or football, or tag, or frisbee, or nerf arrows, or chase-the-dog.

I really like this wording.

Yes, I do too, nicely said, Andrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4559 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Scotty Dog,

We have a very broad range of relationships with the dog owners who use the farm. One couple I met when walking in to the launch this last time were glad to see us and were going to try to make it back to watch the launches later in the afternoon (if they made it back, I hope they got some cake).

Others don\'t like us at all but that\'s just too bad for them. If their dog is skittish around sharp noises, they\'d be better off keeping away for our six hour event.

As to them being Amesbury residents, that should be true but there are a lot of NH plates in that lot that don\'t belong to flyers.

But we\'ll have you, Scotty. You can be the Alpha Dog (or Alpha III Dog or Maxi-Alpha Dog or the newly released, Super Alpha Dog) and keep the others in line.
Kenn

More
13 years 7 months ago #4566 by Marsfire
Replied by Marsfire on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Funny...... My post re-posted itself about a half hour after I posted it. :huh: Is there a way to delete the second post?

Andrew

More
13 years 7 months ago #4568 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Marsfire wrote:

Funny...... My post re-posted itself about a half hour after I posted it. :huh: Is there a way to delete the second post?

Andrew

Yes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4575 by Boris Katan
Replied by Boris Katan on topic Re:Range Etiquette
billspad wrote:

The dogs at the Amesbury launch most likely belong to Amesbury residents who, I believe, are allowed to let them run free. They have the right of way.

I believe there is a sign at the entry to the Amesbury Woodsom Farm field stating that dogs should be leashed.

Like children, the level of freedom in the real world should have a lot to do with appropriate behavior, which has a lot to do with the responsible adult.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4665 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Check the sign on the Rocketry Forum

www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?p=140316#post140316

That\'s got to be a good idea.