× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Range Etiquette

More
13 years 7 months ago #4529 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Range Etiquette
How about something like what\'s on the \"About Our Club\" page on this site .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4539 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Re:Range Etiquette
I think that\'s a great start, particularity the \"Four Safety Rules You Must Follow\" part. I will modify it as appropriate for our own launches and we can put it up on the new website. I still think a sign by the RSO table might be worth having. And as suggested before, having a down-loadable directions page with that info on it would be valuable as well.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4548 by Marsfire
Replied by Marsfire on topic Re:Range Etiquette
I admit I haven\'t read the whole thred yet so I may be repeating something.

1. Heads up means HEADS UP!! There is no excuse for anyone being startled by a large rocket landing a foot from them as they chat with a buddy or sit on the ground preping a rocket. But it happens at every launch.

2.Please bring your children to the launch. They are the future of the hobby and we want them there. But please make them understand they are there to watch / participate in a rocket launch. They are not there to play socker, or football, or tag, or frisbee, or nerf arrows, or chase-the-dog. I have had 2 rockets destroyed by running / falling children. The third will not be the charm.

3. Don\'t angle the launch rod and then point your rocket towards the houses on the hill behind the range. ESPECIALLY multi staged rockets. Some of the people up there don\'t like us very much. Do you rely want to be the one who makes it worse?

Andrew

More
13 years 7 months ago #4550 by billspad
Marsfire wrote:

2.Please bring your children to the launch. They are the future of the hobby and we want them there. But please make them understand they are there to watch / participate in a rocket launch. They are not there to play socker, or football, or tag, or frisbee, or nerf arrows, or chase-the-dog.

I really like this wording.

• Scotty Dog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #4552 by Scotty Dog
Replied by Scotty Dog on topic Re:Range Etiquette
DOGS! I almost ran over someones dog TWICE cuz they let it run WILD and it seemed to like the underside of my truck..Dont get me wrong,I love dogs- ya know-\"Scotty DOG\" It also may have been someone \"not at the launch\" (civilan checking things out?)On OCT 23rd there will be a dog there-Scotty Dog hahahhahahahhahaahhahaha

More
13 years 7 months ago #4554 by billspad
Scotty Dog wrote:

DOGS! I almost ran over someones dog TWICE cuz they let it run WILD and it seemed to like the underside of my truck..Dont get me wrong,I love dogs- ya know-\"Scotty DOG\" It also may have been someone \"not at the launch\" (civilan checking things out?)On OCT 23rd there will be a dog there-Scotty Dog hahahhahahahhahaahhahaha

The dogs at the Amesbury launch most likely belong to Amesbury residents who, I believe, are allowed to let them run free. They have the right of way.