× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Range Etiquette

More
13 years 7 months ago #4402 by SnowLion
Replied by SnowLion on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Will there be loaners available @ the Sept 18th @ Amesbury? I may have a few guests attending & they might get interested & want to toss a few up in the air.

TIA - Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4403 by HotRod Lincoln
Replied by HotRod Lincoln on topic Re:Range Etiquette

Will there be loaners available @ the Sept 18th @ Amesbury? I may have a few guests attending & they might get interested & want to toss a few up in the air.

I think CMASS started a Fly and take program.

If that\'s unavailable just se me (I\'m hard to miss).

I\'ll give ya some loan-a - rockets or some prototypes to test.
I always bring way more than I can fly in one day.

No worries either way.

-Davd M.-
Captain Chaos

More
13 years 7 months ago #4404 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Range Etiquette
alan wrote: It would be easier just to put up the string of flags on the posts of the low power pads like we used to.[/quote]

We used to set up another row of stakes to keep people out of the center but stopped doing it because it was another job that had to be done and it really hasn\'t been that big a problem. We can\'t put the flags on the low power pad posts themselves because it restricts you to working on only one side and there are times when you need to get on the other side to get things aimed properly.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4405 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Range Etiquette
SnowLion wrote:

TIA - Fred

Yes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4407 by SnowLion
Replied by SnowLion on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Pick 4 LPR/MPR pads @ 3, 6, 9 & 12 O\'Clock. Run 2 ropes, caution tape, whatever between the 12 & 6 & the 3 & 9, in a \"X\". It\'ll allow work all around the pads & still stop the trespassers. No?

More
13 years 7 months ago #4409 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Range Etiquette
Bill said: there are times when you need to get on the other side to get things aimed properly.

Good point, is 3 feet enough? I\'ll make up some pennants to offset the circle flag line inward 3 feet - no extra posts needed. How does that sound?

SL said: Make an X

Interesting suggestion. Thinking it thru, with the small kids (6 years old or so) they will run into the circle anyway, get to the X, _then_ see the X, then try to run around the X. Older kids and adults would get it tho.

-Alan