× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Launch Status

  • KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #12103 by KennB
Launch Status was created by KennB
This thread will serve as a repository of information and questions for the next upcoming launch. Postings below this one will be deleted after each event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 6 days ago #12140 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Launch Status
The forecast keeps changing but it looks like we'll have a window of opportunity to fly on the sixth in Acton. As it will likely be raining in the morning, we'll look at setting up about noon.and launch until 4 (or as long as we reasonably can). Like last time, we'll have a reduced set up.

The predicted wind will be strong blowing toward Route 2 so keep the flights low.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #12141 by RD-ROX
Replied by RD-ROX on topic Launch Status
Have fun, folks! Deb and I are gonna sit this one out. Sounds like too small and sketchy a flying window to pay off for our four hours' drive. Good luck to those going and I hope the weather fairy blesses you with pleasant surprises. Hopefully see ya later in the month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 6 days ago #12142 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Launch Status
Well, that's going to cut down on our launch total. Keep an eye on the forecast as the day breaks; it's gotten worse since I posted but it may get better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD-ROX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #12143 by RHobbs1
Replied by RHobbs1 on topic Launch Status
No worries, I have a few new rockets to try but they're pretty small.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 5 days ago #12144 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Launch Status
The weather forecast has deteriorated but we'll still assemble at the field about noon and figure out if we can set up and fly.

If we're not able to start by 1 o'clock, we'll call off the formal club launch. If that happens,

There may be a bandit launch later in the afternoon. That would be a much reduced event but a possibility to scratch your launch itch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.