× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Volunteers Needed!

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #9538 by ClaudeMaina
Volunteers Needed! was created by ClaudeMaina
For the past several years, we have helped the English Language Center (ELC) with a build and launch. ELC is a summer camp focusing on teaching foreign, high school students English and introducing them to some 'normal' American activities. This summer, their launch session is scheduled for Aug 1, at the Acton Field on School Street; 2:00 to 4:00 (approximate). Their build session is scheduled for either July 29 or 30 at BU (Campus Center and Student Residence, Boston University, 150 The Riverway, Boston, MA 02215); 2:00 to 4:00 (approximate). The date of the build session is flexible and can accommodate CMASS volunteers.

I will be there for the launch on Aug 1 and will be providing the launch equipment (borrowed from the Page School). There will be approximately 20 students with two proctors from ECL. I need at least one person to help out with the launch.

They are not asking for help at their build session - but seriously need it. The building skills have deteriorated over the last couple of years - to the point where, last year, there was a couple of rockets put together with masking tape! That is not a joke. I will be out-of-town and not able to help with the build, otherwise I would be there. So, we could really use some help. The kits will be some subset of - 'Thing-a-ma-jig', 'Watch-a-ma-call-it', 'Doo-dad', and 'Razor'. All simple builds.

This is a real good group. The administration, councilors and students are all great and I always have a lot of fun helping out.

Reply here or e-mail me - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by ClaudeMaina.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #9555 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Volunteers Needed!
This is a bump.

We are still looking for volunteers to help ELC with building of rockets on Tuesday, 30th and help me with their launch on Thursday, Aug 1st.

Thanks.

Claude

• ClaudeMaina
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #9558 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Volunteers Needed!
One last call out for help with the launch ELC launch on Aug 1st.

Thanks.