× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NERRF 7

• hgreenblatt
  • hgreenblatt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 10 months ago #5324 by hgreenblatt
NERRF 7 was created by hgreenblatt
A few CMASSers attended NERRF this past weekend and despite it not quite being a CMASS launch B) we all had a great time. Claude Maina and Katy were there and Claude got his level 1. Congrads Claude! And Katy had some pretty impressive flights as well. Curtis Hiesey and Austin were there and Curtis flew an upscale Deuce which flew great the first time and then had a bulkhead problem with more powerful motors. Austin flew a beautiful scratch built 3 engine cluster and a bunch of cool saucers. Jim Stone and his wife were there as observers on Saturday, mostly observing how well run the CMASS launches are. Peter Waithe flew his Big Nuke on an M1500 green motor to over 8000 K for his level 3! Congrads Peter! Jim Flis and Robert DeHate were both there as vendors and hopefully had successful sales. I also had some fun flights with my RoadKill (the rocket that got driven over) on a sparky J motor and my Mongoose. Pictures are in the gallery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5325 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Re: NERRF 7
Thanks Howard, and thanks for your help and time walking me through the cert flight and signing off on the paperwork. The L1 cert flight was a Nuke Pro Maxx on an AT H73J-M with 18 oz of weight in the payload bay to keep the altitude down. I don't think it hit 2000 ft, which is what I wanted. The parachute deployed but didn't unfurl. But it landed in the soft sod, so no damage. Aside from my first high power, Katy launched her first F motor - her Screamin (not)Green Meanie on an AT F32-6T. It FLEW off the launch pad and went a lot higher than my cert flight. We also had our first core sample. Katy's Mean Machine split at the connection point at ejection. The bottom half became (according to Jim F.) a fence post! Luckily no damage. Pictures are in the gallery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.