× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Training question

More
13 years 2 months ago #4977 by Jimmyd
Replied by Jimmyd on topic Re:Training question
I volunteer Kate to make cookies.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4984 by dougs
Replied by dougs on topic Re:Training question
guyw wrote:

I would prefer Saugus as it is easier for me to get to, but would make the trip to Marlborough if that is where it was held. I might even be enticed into bringing some cookies...

Guy.

If it\'s Marlboro I could probably persuade Deb (or Molly if her homework is done) to bake cookies. However if we actually launch anything on my property it will simply feed the trees, unless it\'s one of Bill\'s...

More
13 years 2 months ago #5013 by Marsfire
Replied by Marsfire on topic Re:Training question
I have wanted to be trained on the launch system for about 4 years now and this sounds like a great idea. We should pick a Saturday and have a joint RSO / LCO training session. We could set up 2 or 3 Estes pads and just hook up igniters so there is something to actually fire without actually needing space to fly anything. I would be more then happy to bring a couple bags of igniters. I would prefer it to be in Marlborough but Saugus is fine too. We seem to have plenty of cookie providers so I will bring a Box Of Joe so we can have the 2 essential food groups covered. ;)

Andrew

More
13 years 2 months ago #5014 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Training question
I\'m going to send out an email announcement this weekend. We decided on Saturday March 5 in Saugus. We\'ll set up both controllers and some pads but unless it gets really warm really fast it\'s going to be indoors. We\'re going to try to work in some equipment maintenance the same day. That way we can spread it over the entire day, everyone will have some hands on time on the controllers and nobody will be bored.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5015 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:Equip maint
Could you please order some stainless steel micro clips? The current batch that is \"in service\" are in pretty good shape, but I know I\'m out of new clips going forward. Sorry, meant to ask sooner but have been distracted with 70\" of snow and kids in high school :S Will see if I can make 5-Mar, if not will do the white wires maint off-site.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5016 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Equip maint
alan wrote:

Could you please order some stainless steel micro clips? The current batch that is \"in service\" are in pretty good shape, but I know I\'m out of new clips going forward. Sorry, meant to ask sooner but have been distracted with 70\" of snow and kids in high school :S Will see if I can make 5-Mar, if not will do the white wires maint off-site.

I think I have a few stashed away but I\'ll order more.