× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Training question

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 3 months ago #4969 by guyw
Training question was created by guyw
With the start of the flying season at least scheduled on the calendar, I was wondering if we could have a club meeting session or sessions like Alan did for fire fighting but instead geared towards education for Launch Control Officer and Range/Launch Safety Officer? I would like to be able to volunteer for one or both positions this year to give Bill and Kenn (among others) a break from time to time and would feel more comfortable if I had a little more background on how to do those jobs.

Guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4972 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Training question
guyw wrote:

With the start of the flying season at least scheduled on the calendar, I was wondering if we could have a club meeting session or sessions like Alan did for fire fighting but instead geared towards education for Launch Control Officer and Range/Launch Safety Officer? I would like to be able to volunteer for one or both positions this year to give Bill and Kenn (among others) a break from time to time and would feel more comfortable if I had a little more background on how to do those jobs.

Guy.

An excellent idea. Should we do it at a meeting or on a separate day?

More
13 years 2 months ago #4973 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Training question
billspad wrote:

An excellent idea. Should we do it at a meeting or on a separate day?

Some possiblilities:

1) Make it part of the annual Clean-up day activities (restaurant visit optional),
b) Separate day for training at an agreed to location (probably near some restaurant), or
III) Training at meetings in both Saugus and Marlborough to cover the most people (meals on your own - cookies probably won\'t be provided).

More
13 years 2 months ago #4974 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Training question
KennB wrote:

Some possiblilities:

1) Make it part of the annual Clean-up day activities (restaurant visit optional),

We usually use of most of the day fixing stuff and I\'m not sure there would be enough time. Restaurant visit is mandatory.

III) Training at meetings in both Saugus and Marlborough to cover the most people (meals on your own - cookies probably won\'t be provided).

I\'d like to set up all the equipment and do sort of a mock launch so we could cover RSO and LCO activities. It would be kind of a pain to do it twice but probably worth the effort. Maybe we could ask who\'s interested and where they\'d rather attend? I ate all the cookies.

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 2 months ago #4975 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:Training question
I would prefer Saugus as it is easier for me to get to, but would make the trip to Marlborough if that is where it was held. I might even be enticed into bringing some cookies...

Guy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4976 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Training question
guyw wrote:

I would prefer Saugus as it is easier for me to get to, but would make the trip to Marlborough if that is where it was held. I might even be enticed into bringing some cookies...

Guy.

For various reasons, I think Guy has come up with another winning idea.