× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

New 6 pad controller

• billspad
  • billspad's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 years 3 months ago #4945 by billspad
New 6 pad controller was created by billspad
I\'ve been frantically trying to finish the new 6 pad controller because tools and parts for it are spread over overy horizontal surface in my workshop and there\'s a meeting here Tuesday. I also want to give it a try at the Acton Winter thing next Saturday. It looks very similar to the 22 pad controller we\'ve been using for years but it will be easier to set up for a small launch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4946 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:New 6 pad controller
It looks great! Nice prototype - when do you go in to full production?

Guy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4947 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:New 6 pad controller
Wow! Ed did some nice work on that. ;)

It\'s been a while since I\'ve seen it; when did that tree grow up in there?

It really looks good and I\'m looking forward to seeing it at the meeting and watching it in action in Acton.

BTW, not only didn\'t you set the clock, it doesn\'t have all it\'s numbers.... 12:00 flash 12:00.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4948 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Re:New 6 pad controller
> when did that tree grow up in there

Looks like a 1.21 jigowatt capacitor, -or- a crystal radio made from an original Quaker Oats container.

• billspad
  • billspad's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 years 3 months ago #4949 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:New 6 pad controller
KennB wrote:

It\'s been a while since I\'ve seen it; when did that tree grow up in there?

I was determined to use up all the space in the box. It\'s not a capacitor although the thought did cross my mind and it\'s not a tree but it\'s made from one. It\'s just a 4\" cardboard tube that opens to the back. There\'s enough room in it to stuff the power cord, battery clip adapter and a microphone. To do a small launch like Acton or Sudbury it means carrying out less equipment.

BTW, not only didn\'t you set the clock, it doesn\'t have all it\'s numbers.... 12:00 flash 12:00.

Of course that\'s the Kenn Blade memorial volt meter which was appropriately the most annoying part to mount in the panel. However, it did give me an excuse to buy a saw that I was sure I needed but didn\'t know for what.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4950 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:New 6 pad controller
billspad wrote:

Of course that\'s the Kenn Blade memorial volt meter which was appropriately the most annoying part to mount in the panel. However, it did give me an excuse to buy a saw that I was sure I needed but didn\'t know for what.

I\'m glad my apparent last act was to inspire the purchase of the one tool you didn\'t already own. Just curious as to why voltage annoys you? ;)

:side: (I couldn\'t find an emoticon with Xs over its eyes.)