× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Putting the folly in Winter Follies!

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #4892 by jcsalem
Putting the folly in Winter Follies! was created by jcsalem
Acton is rolling out the big white carpet for Saturday\'s launch!

With only a light dusting of snow last weekend, my snowshoes were giving me the sad face. In contrast, this launch will feel like a true Winter Folly.

Can\'t wait! With temperatures expected to stay below freezing through Saturday, I predict the softest powder landings ever in the history of the Winter Follies.

The photo below shows the snow piled up against my basement door (about a mile from the launch site.) Thoughout Acton, we have 12\"-18\" on the ground.

No wait at NYAJ\'s tonight. My family and I shared a yummy appetizer special: roasted mussels.

Acton is all ready for the CMASS Winter Follies!

http://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38635&d=1294891462

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4893 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Putting the folly in Winter Follies!
The forum won\'t take pictures until Howard sets up the latest version.

There\'s an unwritten CMASS rule that the person who has snow shoes has to do all the recoveries.

I was serious considering buy a pair but cheap ones are $50 and I\'d probably just fall anyway.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4894 by Jimmyd
Replied by Jimmyd on topic Re:Putting the folly in Winter Follies!
Hey Bill I have two sets of them if you want to borrow them I can drop them off at some point. I have a Father Daughter dance on sat afternoon so I will not need then. Jim

More
13 years 3 months ago #4895 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Putting the folly in Winter Follies!
Jimmyd wrote:

Hey Bill I have two sets of them if you want to borrow them I can drop them off at some point. I have a Father Daughter dance on sat afternoon so I will not need then. Jim

How are you and your daughter going to dance on the snow without your snowshoes???

As a note to Jim Salem, could the Acton DPW run a plow through the parking area on Friday or Saturday before we get there? I know they have a lot to do but if we could park off the road things will be a whole lot safer. After all, Bill\'s done enough plowing already this week. Thanks for looking into this.

Kenn

More
13 years 3 months ago #4896 by Jimmyd
Replied by Jimmyd on topic Re:Putting the folly in Winter Follies!
I was only offering my every day snow shoes I will be wearing my dress pair. Jim

More
13 years 3 months ago #4897 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Putting the folly in Winter Follies!
Jimmyd wrote:

Damn, Kenn beat me to it.

Thanks but I think I\'ll pass on the snow shoes even though the entertainment value of me trying to learn how to walk in them would be great.