× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

BP motor price comparison

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 4 months ago #4836 by ClaudeMaina
BP motor price comparison was created by ClaudeMaina
I will be ordering motors over the winter for next season and hopefully take advantage of whatever promotions and sales that the different vendors offer. At least that is what I try to do. Since prices and shipping costs for motors are all over the place. Some vendors\' straight prices are lower than other vendors\' sales prices - or maybe not once you factor in shipping - and this does not even include local vendors! The whole price-comparing ordeal would be the envy of Kafka!

So, I started to put together a simple Excel spreadsheet of the black powder motors that I would need with their prices from different web vendors. Since this may be useful to others, I\'ve attached it here

Attachment BPPriceComparison.xls not found

. (If this didn\'t work, I\'ll ask Howard for help.) Things to note:

1. The chart is only black powder motors and is not a complete list. It is only those motors that I need or typically use. The motors are Estes, unless noted otherwise.

2. The vendor list is not exhaustive, just the ones that I know of, have used before, or know to have good prices.

3. I\'ve included shipping costs for a > $100 order of black powder motors as calculated by the respective web sites. This may not be accurate as it is still unclear to me when HAZMAT fees apply. In fact, I think it is unclear to some vendors as well!

4. N/A (not applicable) means that that particular motor is not carried by that particular vendor. If the space is blank, the motor is either not carried by the vendor or I didn\'t look for it.

5. The lowest price for any particular motor package is highlighted in red. This may not end up being the lowest price once you include shipping charges. The next lowest price is highlighted in green.

6. No shipping costs were given for Amazon because it would depend on the particular vendor that the motors are being purchased from.

7. The chart was put together over 1 to 2 week period with the last entry being 12-14-2010. I have not gone back to check for price changes on any entry after it was entered.

Feel free to add to it, edit it, trash it - as you see fit.

Have a good holiday!

Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4837 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:BP motor price comparison
Claude,

Great idea. I am having trouble opennig the file, though. I\'m getting the following

404 Error - File not found!:

The following error occurred:

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Please check the URL or contact the Webmaster.

I\'ve tried clicking on the hyperlink and copying the shortcut and pasting it into a fresh browser window both with the same results.

Anyone else?

Kenn

More
13 years 4 months ago #4838 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:BP motor price comparison
KennB wrote:

Anyone else?

Kenn[/quote]

Same here. I even tried saving it but all that got saved was the 404 screen.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4839 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:BP motor price comparison
I get the same error.

Guy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4840 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Re:BP motor price comparison
It works now. I needed to reset the permissions on the upload folder.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4841 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Re:BP motor price comparison
Thanks Howard. Works for me now.

Guy.