vNARCON 2024

More
3 months 4 days ago #11994 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic vNARCON 2024
Fourth sounds about right. Assuming that the 2020 face to face NARCON was held in January, 2021 would be the first virtual NARCON.

My guess is that there is more participation in virtual NARCONs. I'm sure there are people that looked forward to face to face NARCON as a nice vacation and an opportunity to meet up with friends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11996 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic vNARCON 2024
What were people's favorite sessions?

I liked the 2 stage HPR talk by Jim Jarvis.

Also the 1st of the two body tube ones. The second, with Tim VanMulligan when he pulled out a CNC aluminum mold for his body tubes ... I sort of rolled my eyes. There is a reason I don't do competition rocketry

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11997 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic vNARCON 2024
I also enjoyed the mandrel/body tube session. I have started looking at some of the sessions that I did not watch live. The R&D presentations are also very interesting. The Cosmosphere presentation and astronaut/son talk should not be missed.

Guy.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11998 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic vNARCON 2024
> The second, with Tim VanMulligan when he pulled out a CNC aluminum mold for his body tubes ...

I watched that as well and was left with much respect for the effort and creativity - all of that for a 1/2A motor loft.

I liked James Duffy's LJII build video but came away inspired to sell mine :-).

I couldn't watch a lot of them live but will come back to them. The Cosmosphere looked great, the little I saw. And I have bookmarked the astronaut/son presentation.

The thing that caught my attention from the Manufacts forum was Eggtimer's DD kit - what a great idea. Also the company offering those cool gliders.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #11999 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic vNARCON 2024
I agree with Todd that the Egg timer duel deploy kit sounds interesting. I just may give it a try. I noticed that the rocket looks like the BMS 29 millimeter School Rocket kit . I bought one a couple of years ago.

The Estes rail launch pad sounds interesting. I may also get that.

I liked the two presentations on safety. A lot of it is common sense but, they provided good reinforcement.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #12000 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic vNARCON 2024
I am eagerly awaiting the availability of the Eggtimer Dual Deploy kit as well. For anyone that is put off by the fact that the altimeter needs to be built/soldered, I will offer to build it for you for a minimum donation of $10 to the Bill Spadafora Memorial fund.

Guy.