My Rt66 trip

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11724 by guyw
My Rt66 trip was created by guyw
I am back from my Rt66 trip. It was an absolute blast. I hope to upload some pictures in case anyone is interested. I have over 1000 that I took. Some of the highlights:

Onondaga Caves, Lincoln's tomb, Will Rogers Museum, Uranus Mining in MO, Museums, Motels, Diners, Tourist Traps, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, a certain corner in Winslow AZ, Lowell Observatory, Santa Monica Pier.

On the way back we tried to follow Rt20 as much as possible. Stayed at Pismo Beach, saw Redwoods, Craters of the Moon, Yellowstone, a Rodeo in Cody WY, the Badlands, Field of Dreams movie set. A total of 20 days of car travel, including one flat tire and a transmission flush and re-fill. Over 7,000 miles in total.

Guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11725 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic My Rt66 trip
Amazing trip. Everyone dreams of doing that and you did it.
Congratulations! I'm sure many of us would like to see photos and hear about your trip during tonight's meeting.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11727 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic My Rt66 trip
Wow - what a way to open your retirement. Sounds fantastic.

• guyw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11728 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic My Rt66 trip
I won't be on the call this evening due to a conflict. I do plan to upload photos and to be able to discuss the trip on the next call though.

• guyw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #11729 by guyw
Thanks. Not only that, I forgot two of the most impressive places we visited - The Grand Canyon and Mt Rushmore!

Guy.

• guyw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #11734 by guyw
I have uploaded 40 of my more than 1000 photos from the Rt66 trip. If there is interest, I will give a talk on the next Zoom call. The other two folks on the trip are my cousin Don, and his cousin and my school buddy Doug. We all turned 65 this year. And to answer a much asked question, we are still friends and still talking to each other!