× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

CMASS Launch & NRC Event - 22 April, 2023 - Amesbury, MA

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 4 weeks ago #11610 by KennB
We’re starting another new season in Amesbury!! Our 22 April launch is on the schedule.

We will continue to park at the launch site. This means you can drive out the path to the field and park your car perpendicular to the roadway just far enough onto the grass to clear the path. We can use both sides of the road. Only the trailer, the vehicle towing it and the food delivery car are allowed to drive onto the field. When you set up your preparation area, leave at least six feet to any other set up; there’s lots of space between the parked cars and the flight line – there’s no need to crowd up toward the flight line.

Set up will be at 9:30 with flying starting as soon after 10 AM as we can. We will be stopping at 4 PM at the latest, breaking down the set up and packing into the trailer. Many hands make light work so please pitch in. Use the Launch Duty sign-up sheet to secure your position at Safety Check, Launch Control or Food Service.

There will not be a motor vendor on the field.

The wind forecast shows it blowing steadily from the east toward the power lines so we will not have high-power launches. Low- and mid-power flights will be limited to 1000-feet altitude. If you need to fly HPR, check out RIMRA as their postponed launch is also scheduled for the 22nd.

Please remember to drive slowly, 5 mph, on the path out to the field. Watch for dogs that may be off leash and others using this city park. We still ask for your cooperation in sharing our hobby and this space with others.
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by KennB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #11616 by stevebyan
Thanks to Jeremy for the great photos in the Gallery.

I have one E12-6 left from that three-pack. I'm saving it for the fourth of July :-)

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #11617 by hermanjc
What's the date code on those E12-6s? I have a three pack that I'm too afraid to try

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #11618 by deangelo54
Previously, I had problems with E12's and E16's. The last two years I have not had any issues with E12's. I haven't used E16's so I can't comment on them. A few years ago, Estes retooled their large black powder motor operation.

It was cold and windy on Saturday but I had a great time.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #11619 by stevebyan
The date code was "A 08 18 11"

Go to www.motorcato.org/search, put in Manufacturer as "Estes" and Designation of "E12", click the "Before" button on the Failure Date, and enter the Date code of your engines.

Doing that with my date code turns up 25 failure reports.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #11620 by DeltaVee
That date code (assuming it's 2011) is around the first year of issue of the E12. I mercifully have never had one cato on me... however one of the E12's that I gave to Frank a few years back DID cato! Of the ones in that package, one of them I had flown prior... and the other I was suspicious of so I gave that to Tony (I *think*) for his specially designed rocket that he was *hoping* would cato!  It ended up not blowing up.
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by DeltaVee.