× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

electroinc bay

• jabikeman
  • jabikeman's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #4406 by jabikeman
electroinc bay was created by jabikeman
hey guys trying to build my first electronic bay and kind of short on space. the rocket is 6\" in dia. and stand about 6 feet tall. tho how i designed it the bay is kinda an after though...also would like to get my Lv2 at some point with it.

so my question to you guys is how BIG or SMALL does the bay need to be?

would like to have dual deployment, with an altimeter, and anything else you guys can think of that should go in it?

Also for electronic what do you guys like the best. any one make them at are reliable and cheap?

let me know,
jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4408 by HPRnut
Replied by HPRnut on topic Re:electroinc bay
I would go to Barry from LOC/Precision. He sells 5.54\" diameter electronic bays. Since you would be using it for your L2, all you would need is just the one altimeter and one battery, secured of course. For altimeters, I have used Perfectflight and Missileworks. Both are very good. Both of the altimeters that I have are $80.

• jabikeman
More
13 years 8 months ago #4424 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re:electroinc bay
well i already have all the stuff to build the bay. just wondering how long it really needs to be. maybe at the 9/18 launch you can explain what i would need to do.

would it help if i bring the rockets that i plan to pt it in?

More
13 years 8 months ago #4425 by HotRod Lincoln
Replied by HotRod Lincoln on topic Re:electroinc bay
Length of Avbay will depend on your electronic selection. Also one alt/ timer or two?

What I do: One Av-bay sled that holds 1- perfect flight alt. On the \"back\" side of sled one 9volt battery. Also on the back I can now attach a perfect flight mini timer for air-starts or back-up deploy.

One sled and a universal layout for all my av-bays. My One electonic sled goes into any of my DD rockets. 2.6\" tube x 4\" long is my smallest but there is still room if I needed it.
I\'ll try to attach adiagram of the 2.6 Av-bay.

But I slide in the same electronics no matter the rocket. 2.6, 3\",4\" tubes. One setup. Just keep the electrical connections modular, plug in or screw terminals.

Se ya satruday.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4426 by HotRod Lincoln
Replied by HotRod Lincoln on topic Re:electroinc bay
Re: photo
just got to keep the \"rods\" the same width apart for all av-bays so the tubes slide into all your av-bays.

www.rocketryplanet.com/forums/showthread...23&highlight=av+bays

Check out that thread. A world of possibilities.

If your really really tight on space for electronics? Theres this guy.... Robert DeHate he has made some very small Alts!
You might see him at a launch for some info... he makes and sell some nice motors too....

• jabikeman
More
13 years 7 months ago #4432 by jabikeman
Replied by jabikeman on topic Re:electroinc bay
ok. ill will have the model with me, just want to make sure i have done a few thing right with the rail buttons and all.

and i will be asking to see your bays and some info about them.

see you guys on the field. :)