× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Motor classification question

More
13 years 8 months ago #4355 by jhagan
Motor classification question was created by jhagan
I am new to CMASS and by this question I am sure it shows. At the bottom of the flight card it states:

G impulse and above: Certification Level: (circle) none 1 2 3 I have read and will abide by waiver: (initials) _______
I have abided by all applicable laws concerning motor acquisition and storage: ______

Does that mean CMASS requires certification to use G impulse motors?

Thaks for the info,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4356 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re:Motor classification question
Rocketmax10 wrote:

I am new to CMASS and by this question I am sure it shows. At the bottom of the flight card it states:

G impulse and above: Certification Level: (circle) none 1 2 3 I have read and will abide by waiver: (initials) _______
I have abided by all applicable laws concerning motor acquisition and storage: ______

Does that mean CMASS requires certification to use G impulse motors?

Thaks for the info,

There are a few G motors that are considered high power motors because of high total impulse, propellant weight etc. They\'re the one\'s on this list that have (HP) in front of them. You have to be certified to buy and fly them. You\'re okay on all the others.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4357 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Motor classification question
Welcome to the club, Rocketmax10. Thanks for asking a question about the Launch Cards.

That reminds me to remind Bill to be sure we have more cards printed for this Saturday\'s launch.

I now return this thread to it\'s previously scheduled topic.

Kenn Blade
Chairman of the Bill or Ed for President Committee

More
13 years 8 months ago #4358 by billspad
KennB wrote:

Welcome to the club, Rocketmax10. Thanks for asking a question about the Launch Cards.

That reminds me to remind Bill to be sure we have more cards printed for this Saturday\'s launch.

I now return this thread to it\'s previously scheduled topic.

Kenn Blade
Chairman of the Bill or Ed for President Committee

You a clearly more competent than I am because the note got buried on my desk and I forgot until I saw this.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4359 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Re:Motor classification question
billspad wrote:

You a[re] clearly more competent than I am because the note got buried on my desk and I forgot until I saw this.

I\'m merely a good supporting player. The true leaders have a good history of proving themselves in all manner of situations, a natural inclination to put others at ease and a well stocked truck to haul the trailer & cover most any contingency that comes up.

Or Ed could be a good president, too. :dry:

More
13 years 8 months ago #4360 by billspad
KennB wrote:

and a well stocked truck to haul the trailer & cover most any contingency that comes up.

So if I give you a truck you\'ll stop voting for me?