17 March 2020 Meeting Cancelled

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #9860 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic 17 March 2020 Meeting Cancelled
Not a bad Idea Frank... us old geezers can't hold a candle up to these young whipper-snappers when it comes to reaction times... but WE know how NOT to lose a rocket when there is a bit of a breeze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #9861 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic 17 March 2020 Meeting Cancelled
Not to brag but... Years ago I had my reaction time tested and it was off the chart. I'm not saying I'm still at that level but as Hank Hill would say, "I tell you what." Put those slot car guys on a motorcycle and meet me at the New Hampshire Raceway and let's see who goes fast.

Gee John, I think you may have hit a nerve with that reaction time comment. LOL.

This weekend I might hit that field in Peabody or maybe even head out to Acton. I may also make another trip to Modelville.

Needless to say, I agree with suspending all club activities until further notice. I think that was handed down from the NAR. Either way it's the responsible thing to do.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by deangelo54.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #9862 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic 17 March 2020 Meeting Cancelled
Oh, and I forgot to add this: "...uphill, BOTH ways!"

Yes it's the right approach... I may get motivated enough to catch up on the various stages of construction of my rockets (might even do a chore or two around the house!)

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #9864 by deangelo54
I would start painting a couple of rockets if the weather would improve.
I just realized that I have a Loc Forte' still in the box. Maybe I'll get going on that kit soon.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #9865 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic 17 March 2020 Meeting Cancelled

I just realized that I have a Loc Forte' still in the box.

A box? LOC is getting fancy. The one I bought years ago came in a bag. (It's still in the bag.)

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #9866 by deangelo54
It is not an actual Loc Forte' kit but it is all genuine Loc parts. When I ordered the Lil' Diter I ordered a Loc shock cord and an extra set of Loc CRs. When I received the Lil' Diter it came with a real shock cord and three CRs. I ended up ordering the BT, MMT and fin set for the Forte'. In my inventory I already had a 3.0" NC and assorted items such as 10/10 rail buttons and quick links. I put everything in the box that the Loc items came in. I purchased everything directly from Loc. One stop shopping plus I support their business.