× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NRC Launch - Amesbury October 9

More
2 years 5 months ago #10796 by smaire
Replied by smaire on topic NRC Launch - Amesbury October 9
I cannot be there. Ski season is coming and the ski instructor orientation meeting is the same day.

Can you serve as contest director for the launch? Fairly simple duty to make sure that the forms are filled out and then send me an image of the forms after the launch and I will post the results to the NAR site.

Regards,

Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10797 by RHobbs1
Replied by RHobbs1 on topic NRC Launch - Amesbury October 9
I'm not sure. Am I qualified? I just recently joined NAR. As to forms, someone will have to print them out for me or whoever serves. And I'll need a crash course on rules and such.
I don't have much spare time. Working every day, trying to get some building done, etc. I"ll have to think it over for a a ay or so. Meanwhile, does this site have a private messaging feature? We should probably continue our discussions off-line.
But thank you for considering me. Even with my past experience when. I was young, I think of myself as new, having just rejoined the hobby last year.
Coincidentally, I spent about four years as a part time ski and snowboard instructor in the late 1990s.
Rick

• guyw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #10798 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic NRC Launch - Amesbury October 9
I have the blank flight cards already printed out and will print more when needed.

Guy.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10799 by RHobbs1
I suppose I can take a crack at it. I might need a little assistance. Do you have the stopwatches too?
R.

• guyw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #10800 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic NRC Launch - Amesbury October 9
I carry the stop watches in the same box as the flight cards.

More
2 years 5 months ago #10801 by RHobbs1
OK then, looks like I've been drafted. I've decided not to worry too much about new rockets for contest launches, I'll fly what I've got. That'll free up some of my spare time this week. Maybe I'll try something new for the last launch of the season. I would like us to keep doing NRC launches.