× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Current Projects

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #9300 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Current Projects
I'll get a "round tuit" eventually. This week isn't really good. We have some prep to do and the boss (my REAL boss) will kill me if I go off somewhere!

On the brighter side, along with the altimeter, the wife got me an Estes Little Joe I and a super big bertha. I have to finish the Atlas she gave me about 20 yrs ago... and I've got a Redstone in the kit drawer... I've got so many kits, I may not live long enough to build them all!
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by DeltaVee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #9301 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Current Projects
Thanks for the offer. I'm just checking my email. Plus I had plans with the family today. Any day after Christmas would be OK. Maybe my son will join us. He seems to think he can program a laser cutter based on his robotics experience.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #9322 by deangelo54
The custom fins for my 2.6" Saab project are ready so I can work on that project before the football games. Once I complete this project I will move on to the 3.0" upscale version.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #9326 by deangelo54
I completed cutting out 8 fin slots, drilling holes in the BT for the rail buttons and drilling a hole in the forward CR for the eye hook. I also had to cut the MMT tube.

After all that I dry fitted the MMT and fins. The forward fins need some sanding in order to fit snug against the BT. The only items I used from the kit were the upper BT, lower BT and NC.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by deangelo54.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #9330 by deangelo54
Last night I laid out all the part of the Saab kit and tested Linda. I would point to a part and she had to identify it. She got 11 out of 12 correct so now she is a certified rocket builder helper. She helped with the MMT installation. I had a small cup of epoxy in one hand and a wooden Starbucks stirrer stick in the other hand, applying epoxy inside the body tube. Linda held and rotated the tube. I usually complete this task on my own but it was nice to have a second set of hands.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #9334 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic Current Projects
Here's a couple of projects I recently completed. Waiting for the Spring for primer.

To the left is a ("Estes - a Damon Company") Super Vega that I bought many years ago, and decided to finally build it. Modified the motor mount to accept Estes Es.

To the right is an OOP Xarconian Cruiser.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by tlainhart. Reason: Fix picture URL