× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Current Projects

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #9280 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Current Projects
If you attend the Winter Follies I would like to see your efforts in person. If I remember correctly I made three 1/8" holes evenly spaced around the body tube. I started with a pin, a 1/16 bit then finally the 1/8. I should go back and clean them out better. For my Torrent the video on the Apogee site recommended one 1/4 hole in the e-bay. Couldn't we do that? Maybe on a smaller BT we could make a 3/16 hole?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #9281 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Current Projects
If the wind forecast gets favorable, I may head up to Berwick with my Ventris, Demon and Sahara (if I can ensure a solid attachment in the Sahara). I did a bit of modification in the 2.5->2 inch plastic adapter like so:

As you can see the adapter is huge. I cut a door in the side, (it's still pretty solid). You can see one of the three holes I drilled... CA works wonders. At the upper transition shoulder, there is a large hole that would vent the very large upper body tube which I intend to block so that the holes will be bigger than I need. I thought velcro tape would hold the altimeter in place but it's just too wobbly for what I have in mind. While it'll be fine for a close payload section, it'll be sketchier than I'd like for what I've done.
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #9295 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Current Projects
Working on repairing (aka replacing) my 7.5 in Upscale Deuces Wild.

- Bulkheads of 3 mm plywood, which I will laminate together with fiberglass and resin.

- Altimeter sled mounting holes.

I used the laser cutter at the Goodnow library in Sudbury. If you get certified to use it, you can go in anytime the library is open and use it. I know there is a laser cutter at the Hatch space, but this one is just around the corner from me.
Attachments:

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #9296 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Current Projects
I always look forward to watching your upscale Deuces Wild fly. Knowing how to use a laser cutter is a great skill. You can create your own fins, centering rings and ebay sleds. Add in the ability to use a 3D printer and you can make fin cans and nose cones.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #9297 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Current Projects
I'll have to check out the cutter at the Goodnow... I live just 5 minutes away.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by DeltaVee.

More
5 years 3 months ago #9298 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Current Projects
You off today? I can swing by and give a demo. I think they close at 1 PM today