April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?

• truckmen
  • truckmen's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 days ago #10432 by truckmen
Hello all,

I've just joined and am sure looking forward to participating in the group and at the future launches. I'm just starting back out in the hobby from a hiatus of more than 35 years! 

The title of the topic refers to my query of what the group is planning to discuss. Is there some particular aspects to be brought up that I may research to better participate or is this less formal? I'm just trying to slip into the group where I can be useful.

By the way, I am working 5 days a week (sometimes 6) as a professional driver running the New England states; the good thing is, if I time it right, I can be at some of the Amesbury launches and hope to. My question is, if I CAN be there, would I be allowed to show up with a tractor trailer? I actually live up in Newport, Maine but for my job, am based out of the Lewiston distribution center; I return from delivering in places all over CT, MA and RI usually empty on Saturday mornings My weekends are Saturday afternoon through Monday and drive nights. 

I'll withhold more questions until after I've attended the Zoom meeting and a launch or 2. 

Hey, thank you again for allowing me to join the group. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 days ago #10433 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?
Hello Ralph,

Welcome to the club. I've sent you a PM with the link for the Zoom meetings through June. We don't generally have a set agenda for the meetings except around the time of elections (August/September) and setting the schedule (January). Plenty of time for any questions you may have or any information you would want to share. A fair amount of nonesense, too.

The park we use in Amesbury really couldn't accomodate a tractor trailer. The smaller field we use in Acton, ironically, could. A good topic of converstion for the meeting on the 20th.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Kenn
The following user(s) said Thank You: truckmen

More
3 years 6 days ago #10435 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?
Hi Ralph,
Welcome to CMASS. We are happy to have you join us. We talk about all kinds of things at our Zoom meetings. Sometimes we even talk about rockets, LOL. The members of CMASS are very friendly and very helpful. All questions on all topics are welcome. These guys know a LOT about rocketry and are always willing to help out. We hope to see you at the April 24th launch at Amesbury.

More
3 years 4 days ago #10438 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?
Welcome to CMASS. There is a wealth of knowledge to answer any question rocketry, launching, building. The members are eager to share. No question is too dumb. Also time at meetings building community by reviewing the latest Netflex as well as the obligatory giving each other a hard time.

• truckmen
More
3 years 4 days ago #10439 by truckmen
Replied by truckmen on topic April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?
Hey KennB!

Thank you for the first message received.

I'm looking forward to joining the meeting. I've got it marked on my calendar. Now, my schedule is always changing as I might be driving at the time, but may be able to find a rest area for a little while so as to participate more.

• truckmen
More
3 years 4 days ago #10440 by truckmen
Replied by truckmen on topic April 20th (2021) Zoom meeting...topics?
Hello CurtisHeisey,

Thank you for the message.

The good news at this end is last week, we've successfully closed on our home purchase and have begun the move-in. Even better news is my wonderful bride has allotted almost the entire 2nd floor of the Cape for a Rocket Lab/Bench/Workspace/etc. And I am going to fill it up pretty good. Looking forward to listening in on the meeting.

Ralph