New field possibility

More
3 years 5 months ago #10217 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic New field possibility
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Tufts Farm Field in Westborough?

Its big, however its length is greater than its width.goo.gl/maps/UQYeArSBmh2Rerg46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GrantW
  • GrantW's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #10222 by GrantW
Replied by GrantW on topic New field possibility
I may or may not know the contact information of this individual. I’ll be in touch.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #10223 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic New field possibility

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Tufts Farm Field in Westborough?

Its big, however its length is greater than its width.goo.gl/maps/UQYeArSBmh2Rerg46

Looks good but how does it compare to Acton?
BTW, I appreciate the fact that people are looking for alternate locations.
Not long ago I found a great field in Northampton. Then I found it it was next to an airport. Oh well.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by deangelo54.

• GrantW
  • GrantW's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #10230 by GrantW
Replied by GrantW on topic New field possibility
So I have some information on the Halifax field, it has just recently been mowed and is supposedly now mowed regularly. The man with the authority over the field is John Peck, who is on the planning board in Halifax. He isn’t the owner, but he is the one who says “yes” or “no” to events there. I’ve been told he “isn’t good with technology” and might not respond to emails. There is a smallish solar farm in one of the corners of the field which wouldn’t be a problem, but the owner of the array Bob Grant put up gates and has the codes to them so I cannot currently check out the field. There is a dirt road leading to some small old structure in the middle of the field, where it is nicely mowed based on a couple different satellite images. I’m sure the codes could be obtained upon request.

I don’t have John Peck’s phone number but I’m sure it could be found online. That’s what I learned about the field after doing some digging in.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by GrantW.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #10232 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic New field possibility
If John Peck of the Halifax planning board has authority over the field, would that indicate that the field is owned or controlled by the town?
Is the fence around the entire field or just the solar farm?
I would think that Bob Grant would be concerned that the solar panels could be damaged by rockets landing on them.
Could the structure in the middle of the field be a problem?

I not trying to be negative, I'm just looking at any objections and obstacles that we may run in to. I wonder what, if any events are held at the field?

If John Peck does not use email, maybe he can be reached by mail addressed to the Halifax town hall. Perhaps a CMASS or NAR member can help craft a letter.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by deangelo54.

More
3 years 5 months ago #10234 by RetroRocketGuy
Replied by RetroRocketGuy on topic New field possibility
Hmm, its about 720 ft x 2000+ ft ( Approx), and you need to contact the Tufts Cumming school of Veterinary medicine,however the BIG CATCH is that on their website they say that the field is currently closed to the public, however, we (might?) get a chance if we ask.