Apogee RockSim 10

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #9933 by guyw
Apogee RockSim 10 was created by guyw
Apogee has released a new version of RockSim, version 10. For those that already own RockSim 9, upgrading to version 10 is free. In fact they are highly recommending that anyone that owns version 9 upgrade to version 10 as they plan to drop support for version 9. To do the upgrade, you will need your version 9 activation code and be able to log in to your Apogee account. Just go to the Apogee website and click on the links to do the upgrade. They have 2 videos to walk you through the process. Note that you will be basically trading in your version 9 activation code for a new version 10 activation code. Once you do this, version 9 will no longer work on your installed computers. I have upgraded and it went smoothly. The latest TheRocketryShow.com podcast (#89) talks about some of the new features.

Guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #9934 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Apogee RockSim 10
Thanks for the information.
Have you ever used Open Rocket? If so, how would you compare it to RockSim?

More
3 years 11 months ago #9935 by BDB
Replied by BDB on topic Apogee RockSim 10
I personally like OpenRocket better (especially because it is free), but I'm planning to buy Rocksim because it can accommodate more complex designs (fins on fins, pods, parallel staged boosters, etc.).

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #9936 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Apogee RockSim 10
I have used both, but not extensively. The buzz about RockSim 10 is that it is a real improvement for doing complex rockets. The two programs are very similar in look and feel, and of course as mentioned, OpenRocket is free. (but then since I purchased RockSim version 9, RockSim version 10 was free for me as well!)
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by guyw. Reason: missing "it"