Field Trip in lieu of Meeting

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #9147 by KennB
Field Trip in lieu of Meeting was created by KennB
As many of you read in last week's email, instead of having a regular meeting on the 16th of October you can join your fellow club members in watching the movie First Man at the Jordan's Furniture IMAX theater in Reading, MA. We are going to the 7 PM show and you should get your tickets online before the show.

This is a movie about Neil Armstrong, his personal and public life leading up to being the first man to set foot on the moon.

It's open seating and there's usually a long queue before they open the doors so sitting together may be difficult. The earlier you arrive, the better the chances of getting a good seat.

If you're planning on attending, let us know here so we can keep an eye out for each other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9148 by hgreenblatt
Replied by hgreenblatt on topic Field Trip in lieu of Meeting
I'll be there, as will David, one of the Umass Lowell Students who was at the last Amesbury launch.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9149 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Field Trip in lieu of Meeting
Got my ticket - I'll be there.

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #9151 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Field Trip in lieu of Meeting
Well, that was interesting. About a minute-and-a-half into the film, the fire alarm sounded and we had to evacuate. After nearly two hours in the parking lot with periodic updates that we'd be going back in soon, we were finally told we wouldn't be going back in that night. We can all exchange our tickets for a future show or a refund so we're going to try to go again next Tuesday, the 23rd of October.

There were only about 50 people in the 500-seat theater so getting a good seat wasn't a problem. Hope to see you all there.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9153 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Field Trip in lieu of Meeting
Sorry you all went through all the trouble of going down to Reading only to not see the movie. If you get that same alarm next time try SCE to aux. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9154 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Field Trip in lieu of Meeting
The really sad part was we sat there in silence with nothing to say the whole time... ;)