Thanks to our club members and non-members

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #8699 by KennB
I received this email the day after our 26 August Acton launch and wanted to pass it along to everyone:

Kenn,

Thanks for the hospitality at the launch - great field, superb weather and friendly folks. Could not have had a better day for my grandson’s first launch. He had a ball! Though I had described our launches to him, he had never seen one. He is more than eager for another try when I get back up here from Virginia.
Please pass on my thanks to the members who really make it all happen.

Joe Woodford
President NOVAAR

We also received some help at Safety Check from Dave Raimondi, president of the LUNAR club in California, and thanks to him.

On a personal note, Rich Pelle, who has done the water rocket demonstrations at a couple of Acton launches this year, is a former co-worker of mine when we were both at a division of Dresser Industries in Western New York around 35 years ago. We both recognized something about the other but didn't figure it out until some communication the day after the launch. Even before our enlightenment, Rich decided to join our club and start looking at flying solid fuel while he continues to develop his water rockets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8700 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Thanks to our club members and non-members
The one thing I learned about CMASS members at the first launch I attended is how friendly and helpful they are. I try to carry on that tradition.

More
6 years 7 months ago #8701 by adnorton
Replied by adnorton on topic Thanks to our club members and non-members
My son and I went to our first launch on Saturday. Everyone was extremely helpful and allowed us to launch a couple of Kit rockets for no fee because it was our first trip. I promptly signed us up as members today for the first time and also as members of NAR. We are anxious to learn more and go to the September 16 launch in Amesbury.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Aaron and Lucas (Norton)