The BorisK Kit

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #8691 by deangelo54
The BorisK Kit was created by deangelo54
Today I completed yet another scratch build kit from the parts that Boris gave me. As a result I named it the BorisK. It is a very simple yet elegant kit. It has an 18 mm motor mount and balsa fins that I cut out. This evening before sundown I tested it at a top secret undisclosed location on an A8-3 and it flew great. I used the Estes tube cutting guide and the Estes Ultimate tube marking guide. Both products work great. No more cutting out tube marking guides or wrapping tape around the body tubes. The tube cutting guide goes up to a BT60 and the marking guide maybe a 4" tube. Both items make building rockets easier and more accurate. Check out the photo. If anyone is interested in the kit let me know. Great for beginners and seasoned pros. It only takes a day to build.

Take Care,

Franco
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by deangelo54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rocket_rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #8717 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic The BorisK Kit
I have since painted the fins blue on the BorisK. It flew great at the September 2, 2017 Berwick launch on an A8-3. Since the rocket is very light an A engine is all you would want to use on this kit.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #8741 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic The BorisK Kit
Once again the Boris-K flew great on an A-3 at the Amesbury launch on September 16, 2017. Boris himself was there to witness the flight and apprciates having a kit named after him. This kit reminds me of some of the skill level 1 kits I built when I first got involved with rocketry. The nice thing about rocketry is that you can have as much fun building and flying a simple kit as you can a more complicated kit.