× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Anyone from CMASS planning to attend URRF 8 in Potter, NY (6/24-6/26)?

• DanTyszka1966
  • DanTyszka1966's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #11271 by DanTyszka1966
I'm planning to head out to Potter, NY over the weekend of June 24 - June 26 for URRF 8.   First big launch for me in a couple of years.  And will be joined by my now college-aged son and some of his buddies who will be driving out from Cleveland to meet me there.  Also planning to finally go for my NAR Level 1 Cert...Will be launching an ARR Blue Phenix on an H135-14W (actually -6) for the attempt.  Finishing of my Blue Phenix is just about done...Just needs decals and clearcoat with about a week to go.  I'm really looking forward to the weekend.

Was wondering if anyone else from CMASS is planning to attend URRF 8. 

Would be good to see and connect with some familiar faces.  (Also, if anyone going is NAR L1 or L2 certified, I will be looking for folks to witness / sign off on my certification attempt...so I may ask a favor...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #11272 by deangelo54
Hi Dan,
Going to a big launch every now and then is a lot of fun. Especially for a certification flight. I used to go to Geneseo but in the last couple of years I have gone to METRA launches in New Hampton, NY. Big field, small crowd, nice area.

Myself and I am sure others would enjoy hearing about your experience in case we want to head out there sometime, How was the drive out, how are the hotels and restaurants? How is the road to the launch site, how is the field? Would you go again?
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.