× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Balsa Machining Service

More
2 years 3 months ago #10883 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic Balsa Machining Service

Last night when I went down to my basement, I could have sworn that some of my mid power rockets gave me dirty looks. I think they fear having to share flight time with the 3" 29 mm School Rocket I ordered. I was wondering if anyone else in the club has flown a School Rocket?

I've not flown a School Rocket, but those half-built rockets sprawled on my worktable have been giving me dirty looks for ignoring them for so long.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 3 months ago #10884 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Balsa Machining Service
Both my 1" and 3" School Rocket kits arrived today. The parts for both kits are very high quality. The 3" kits comes with 1/4" plywood CR's and 1/8" plywood fins. The 34" pre-slotted air frame and 11" NC appear to be Estes compatible. Since I will be using E's and F's for the 3" kit, I will use wood glue. Both kits are my Christmas gift from the family so I will not start the build until the 25th.

More
2 years 3 months ago #10886 by alexrocketry
Replied by alexrocketry on topic Balsa Machining Service
I have been doing business with Bill and Mary Ann Saindon of BMS since the 90s. They are great! Bill cut most of the parts for Pyramid Rocketry and I had him cut some custom parts for a professional project when I finished my Ph.D. I am glad they are still making kits! They are not doing custom parts anymore, near as I know, but they are a solid dealer of Aerotech motors. 

Cheers, Alex

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 3 months ago #10887 by deangelo54
BMS is a scratch builders paradise. Of the 102 flights I had this year, 62 were by scratch built rockets. Great prices, fast delivery and excellent service.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 2 months ago #10895 by deangelo54
On Tuesday, December 28th I started working on the 1" School Rocket and finished the next day. I will have to hand paint it if I want to fly it at the Winter Follies.

I assembled the payload section for the 3" School Rocket. It is compatible with the Estes Door Knob kit so I may use if for that kit instead. On to the motor mount.

What are you all working on during this off season?

More
2 years 2 months ago #10896 by TimDawson
Replied by TimDawson on topic Balsa Machining Service
My Boyce Nike Hercules is all dressed up and ready for clear coat. I just got the Estes Doorknob. It is all white right now and I said earlier that I was going with the blue paint scheme. I looked into it more and Estes calls that their "Sport Deco" version, meaning there has never been a real rocket with that paint scheme. My fleet can use an orange rocket. And today, I just received my long term winter project. It is an old PML Striker kit that E-Rockets still had. Striker isn't a real missile, but I'll dress it up to look like the Hellfire. I may even try to put some small fins in the nosecone, like the Hellfire. I'll be doing a write-up on the Nike Hercules soon.

Thanks for asking!