× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

From the luckiest rocketeer alive...

• DeltaVee
  • DeltaVee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #10164 by DeltaVee
From the luckiest rocketeer alive... was created by DeltaVee
Lost my super bertha and a reload casing at a bandit launch in acton... FOUND the bertha in the Acton pumpkin patch the next day... somebody found my motor casing at the return to Acton launch a week or two later...

THIS TIME, as reported... My Arcas headed for the netherworld.... Thought it was a goner! BUT I got my Arcas back with the spectacular climbing skills of the Lehmann brothers! It landed on TOP OF the rightmost pine near that gigundo house at the east end of the field... Grimsville!

BIG SHOUTOUT to Greg and Mike (not to mention their dad!). I walked out to that pine tree near the big house at the east end... There it was... Top of the tree... WITH my cute release... Thought I was alone... When I turned around there they were! My heroes!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by DeltaVee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #10165 by tlainhart
Replied by tlainhart on topic From the luckiest rocketeer alive...
Send them into the woods at School Street for me... :-)

• ClaudeMaina
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #10168 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic From the luckiest rocketeer alive...
I also want to give a big thanks to Scott Clement who helped me look for my PAC3 that core sampled in the tall grass close to the two white farm houses. I was out there for a good 45 minutes at least and Scott was helping me most of that time. And it was Scott that found it!! I had actually walked by it 3 or 4 times. Scott has an eagle eye, or nose for ejection charge fumes, I'm not sure. But many thanks!!

More
3 years 6 months ago #10169 by MALBAR70
Replied by MALBAR70 on topic From the luckiest rocketeer alive...
John, Greg and Dave were more than thrilled to retrieve your Arcas for you, It's the kind of stuff they live for.

They said they would be willing to do some tree recoveries as long as it isn't too dangerous, and the club allows it.

-Mike (their dad)

• DeltaVee
  • DeltaVee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #10170 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic From the luckiest rocketeer alive...
Darn... I was afraid I got Dave's name wrong.... I got it in my head somehow he was named after you.... DAVE and Greg ARE AWESOME!

More
3 years 6 months ago #10171 by hermanjc
Replied by hermanjc on topic From the luckiest rocketeer alive...
Today we launched at a field in Marlborough, and got my 4 year olds Paw Patrol rocket hung in a tree. Maybe 30-40ft up. Despite valiant efforts by myself and two of his uncle's tossing a dollar tree soccer ball at it, it was doomed to hang there. Until under cover of darkness I returned with a battery powered LED work light and a baseball on a string. It's back home now and in need of a few repairs, but the baseball on a string will now have a home in my launch go box.
Attachments: