× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG INVITE -- JOINT CMASS/NORG EVENT

More
3 years 6 months ago #10161 by Niteowl67
NORG INVITE -- JOINT CMASS/NORG EVENT was created by Niteowl67
This past Saturday the 19th of September marked CMASS' return to their Amesbury Field in this year of the Pandemic after successfully establishing guide lines at their Acton Field earlier this Summer. With that milestone, I officially invite NORG and CMASS members to the Joint Night Launch at CMASS' last event day of the year. This will be Saturday November 21st and the sunset time for that day is 4:15 PM. Please go to CMASS website and read "COVID-19 restrictions" found at top of the Home Page and follow rules accordingly.

Some of you may be aware of NORG's struggles with our home field of the Gallows Hill Park being under renovations as of July 2019. In March 2020, I was informed that the field will likely not reopen until July 2021. Efforts were made to find suitable fields in surrounding communities but to no avail (on top of the Pandemic). This marks the 2nd year in a row that NORG's ONLY EVENT has been the JOINT LAUNCH. Thank you CMASS for sharing your field. I will extend free NORG membership for next year for anyone willing to sign-up at the JOINT LAUNCH. Best wishes all and stay safe on and off the field.

Sincerely,

Joseph N. Majahad Representative
Nite Owl Rocketry Gild (#799)
PO Box 855, Salem, MA 01970

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #10296 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG INVITE -- JOINT CMASS/NORG EVENT
Joint CMASS/NORG Weather & COVID Decisions
WEATHER: Looks good for Saturday November 21st in Amesbury. Channels 4, 5, 7, & NBC 10 all predict daytime temps in Mid to High 50's while Low to Mid 40's at night. Weather is dry to partly cloudy or sunny.
COVID-19: According to November 17th CMASS meeting, if COVID-19 restrictions force crowd size from 50 to 25 for the day then both day and night launches are cancelled. Check for decision from CMASS President Friday November 20th!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.