× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

CRMRC July 20th launch

• guyw
  • guyw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #9529 by guyw
CRMRC July 20th launch was created by guyw
Although we want to see everyone at our July 20th launch in Acton, for anyone that absolutely has to scratch their itch for High Power, the Champlain Region Model Rocket Club (CRMRC), NAR section 463, will be holding their monthly launch near St Albans Bay, VT. Their website is www.crmrc.org. They are planning to fly from 10 AM until 10 PM.. Some of the particulars:

Flight ceiling: 10,000 feet
Maximum motor class: M

"The plan is to have 4 pads at 100 feet (H,I,J), 2 pads at 200 feet (K), one pad at 500 feet (L,M), and 5 pads at 50 feet (A,B,C,D,E,F,G). The pads will be spaced such that loading of the low power pads will not be restricted when flying other rockets. The 200 foot pads can be loaded while the 100 foot pads are launching. The 500 foot pad can be loaded while any of the other pads are being fired."

Keep in mind, depending on where you are starting from, the drive is likely to be 3 to 4 hours or more each way.

Guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #9531 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic CRMRC July 20th launch
Coming from Revere it is 250 miles which is 4 hours and some change. The area is very nice. Linda and I drove by the road that leads to the launch site when we went to Montreal last month. We took Exit 19 off RT 89. Just off the exit on your right is a gas station / restaurant that we recommend. A good setting for your GPS would be 973 Maquam Shore Rd St. Albans, VT. I'll bet you can get a good deal on the house at that address. I'll be attending the Acton launch but I'm thinking of going to the October CRMRC launch. If any of you go or have gone I would like to hear about your experience. When I go I'll stay overnight so tell me about hotels and restaurants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.