× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

20 July Launch in Acton - Apollo 11 50th Anniversary of the moon landing

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #9520 by KennB
Does anyone know people in the media that would want to come out and do a story about our launch that day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jbuscaglia
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #9524 by jbuscaglia
I didn't think the media was interested in anything unless a Kardashian was involved.

More
4 years 9 months ago #9526 by deangelo54
When my son Michael was in high school I sent in a photo and story about the Revere High School Rocketry Club to my local news paper. The photo and story were published days later. We can take a few photos, collaborate on a story and send it to our local papers and see if it gets published.

More
4 years 9 months ago #9527 by DeltaVee
We could write to WCVB Boston (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) Perhaps they'd send someone out to Acton....

More
4 years 9 months ago #9543 by TonyF1330
Hi Folks,

I'm planning to bring a group of about 20 cub scouts from Grafton Pack 107 to the launch on July 20th (1st-5th graders). We've been building kits and I've already purchased engines and other supplies (wadding, igniters, etc). Parents and leaders will be attending with them to help with our internal logistics, coordination, etc.

I have a current family membership with the club that I think will cover us for launches, but I'd like to confirm that and ask if there's anything else that I can do to make sure that we're ready to go and that we won't put any unnecessary burdens on the club.

Thanks!
Tony

More
4 years 9 months ago #9545 by deangelo54
I used to organize Cub Scout launches when my sons were in Scouts. Hopefully the Scouts will participate in the Land the Eagle Contest. The object is to have your rocket land closest to a target that will be setup. Prizes for the top three finishers.