× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

CRMRC

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #9508 by deangelo54
CRMRC was created by deangelo54
In my never ending quest to boldly fly where I've never flown before, this weekend I'm hoping to visit the field that the Champlain Regions Model Rocket Club flies at. This weekend is my 30th wedding anniversary so Linda and I are heading up to Montreal which is where she is from. The field is in St Albans which is right off RT 89. I'm curious to see what the field looks like in case I attend one of their launches someday.

Has anyone ever gone to a CRMRC launch?
www.crmrc.org/
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #9509 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic CRMRC
I attended the May launch and will hopefully attend the August launch. Nice field with a few trees. Scenic drive to get there, very easy to find. I skipped the after flight at the local BBQ place (looked like a really nice place driving by it) as I had a 3.5 hour drive ahead of me to return home. I believe that Howard has also attended a launch or two. It is an easy field to find if the sign marking the entrance is there. I would not leave the road and enter the driveway to the field unless a launch was happening that day as it is part of a private working farm.

Guy.

More
4 years 10 months ago #9510 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic CRMRC
Rocket launch for your anniversary... you romantic devil, you!

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #9515 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic CRMRC
No rocket launch this time. We did a recon of the area on the way to Montreal. We rested at St Albans Bay Park which on Lake Champlain. Nice area.

We had a great time in Montreal too.

More
4 years 9 months ago #9516 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic CRMRC
Sounds lovely! Been to Montreal just once, a long long time ago. I need to go back with the missus!

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #9517 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic CRMRC
The CRMRC field is 250 miles from my house. It's around 70 miles from where Linda used to live in Montreal. That puts the distance in perspective.

I was told by someone from the club that there are crops in late summer and early fall. Maybe I'll wait until the October 19th launch. They have a 10,000 foot waiver which tells me that it is a good size field.