× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Current Projects

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #9338 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Current Projects
Both kits are very unique. Between you and John now I don't feel so bad having various kits at home still in the package.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #9360 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Current Projects
I'm ready for a MARSA tilt unit and remote pyro module!!! I worked on Upscale Deuce's Wild with two 54 mm motors and two 29mm airstart motors (the latter just for show ... won't do much to this heavy rocket). I 3d printed an enclosure for the rf pyro unit that also servers as motor mount for the 29 mm motors. The 54 motors are canted at 15 degrees, and the 29 motors are canted at 10 degrees. The 54 motors are secured in place by 1/4 aluminum bulkheads that I had water jet cut. I am to have this ready for the April/May MMMSC launches.

I'm ready to mount the fins
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by curtisheisey.

More
5 years 2 months ago #9364 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Current Projects
Also, working on the 38 mm upscale deuce rebuild. Not as far along. Ready to assemble the motor mount.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #9368 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Current Projects
NOW I've done it. Having had good success with my Astron Scrambler's 30 year old decal sheet, I forged ahead with decal application of my Centuri Saturn V. It seems ten extra years can make a difference... I dipped the first "USA" decal into the water... 30 seconds later I pulled it out, and it totally shredded trying to move it... I mean into *tiny little shards*. Tried a second one just for the heck of it... same result. The long United States decal? same thing. The sheet looked like it was in absolutely perfect condition. I said to myself "What the heck, I have this Estes Saturn V set from another partially built Saturn" ( I can replace the set either from Tango Papa or Stickershock23), although they held together better... they still separated apart. I was able to get one place because it only broke into THREE parts between the letters... the second one broke into 5 parts, the U, the A and then three parts for the S. At that point I collected up the remaining dry decals and placed them into an envelope with the words: 40+ year old saturn v decals... DO NOT USE.

Sixty bucks plus later, an order is in to StickerShock23. It sure would've been nice to keep this one fully original...
:(

More
5 years 2 months ago #9369 by guyw
Replied by guyw on topic Current Projects
Seeing as how it is impossible to make an original full size Saturn V anymore, not too surprising that constructing or finishing constructing a model out of original parts would be tough as well.

More
5 years 2 months ago #9370 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Current Projects
Good one, Guy! I guess that means the key reason that we can't build a full size Saturn is that the paint for it is too old :-)