× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Leviathan Pro Series II Kit

More
5 years 9 months ago #9026 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Leviathan Pro Series II Kit
T300 is their designation for the Estes-equivalent 3" tube. The PNC-300K is the cone I was referring to. The other two are balsa.

CR52H300-W is what you want for the centering rings. T52H is their 29mm motor mount tube, so CR52H300 is T52H inside T300. "W" indicates lite-plywood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #9027 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Leviathan Pro Series II Kit
BTW, the Big Daddy used the same tube and nose cone as the Leviathan. Of course, they're OOP as well. but if you can find one of them, you'd get the nose cone and slotted BT.

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #9028 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Leviathan Pro Series II Kit
This is very useful information, especially if you do scratch builds. How do you know all this stuff? I need to go back to rocket building school.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #9029 by deangelo54
That is amazing information. It never dawned on me that the NC and lower slotted tube are the same that comes with the Leviathan. I'm going to download the instructions for the Big Daddy and Leviathan and compare part numbers. I'll check online to see if I can find a Big Daddy for sale. I didn't realize it was discontinued. I wonder why. It seems like a great kit. BTW thanks for all you help.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #9030 by deangelo54
I just compared Leviathan and Big Daddy part numbers. The slotted tube has the same number but the NC has a different numbers.
Leviathan has 072695
Big Daddy has 031751

AC Supply has the Big Daddy kit for sale at $19.19. That is a fantastic price, especially if the NC is the same as the Leviathan.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #9031 by deangelo54
I'm almost there. Over the weekend I ordered the NC and CRs from BMS. Their pricing is very reasonable. I got a big piece of 1/8 birchwood at Michales for $2.69 thanks to a 40% off coupon. Once I get the fins cut out I am ready to start building. The boys got me an Estes Sahara Pro Series II builder kit for fathers day. That build has priority over the Leviathan.