× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

NORG - 2018 Event Announcement

More
5 years 5 months ago #9200 by Niteowl67
Replied by Niteowl67 on topic NORG - 2018 Event Announcement
NORG - 3rd Event Joint Launch w/CMASS Sat. Nov. 17th!

DETAILS EXPLAINED: The weather forecast from Channel 4 and NBC 10 give a daytime high of 47/48 degrees and a nighttime low of 30/34 degrees (respectively). Further they describe Saturday November 17th as "Partly Sunny & Dry" and NBC says "Quite this weekend". We lucked out, some early long range forecasts called for the Thursday into Friday wintery mix to have been Friday into Saturday! Dress warmly.

This is a Joint Launch with CMASS at their Amesbury, MA field following their last regular daytime activities for the season. Their field their rules. Look on CMASS website for rules and directions. There will be no fees or membership dues needed on the NORG end of things. I'd like to do a "Field Vote" for any NORG members who show up to elect me as club officer. Sunset is just a little before 4:30 PM and I'll try to be on the field 1 hour beforehand. As inducement, anyone who signs the membership list can participate in voting and I'll extend free membership and waiving of fees for next year's NORG Events!

On a personal note, I may have some transportation issues. I have a ride up to the event but I may need a back up way home to Salem. If you have room for me and a couple of boxes and my Large Lighted Launch Pad (Orange & White LED's -- way to iD me on the field!) that would be very much appreciated should the need arise. Contact me on NORG site or on the CMASS site (here)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9209 by Niteowl67
Joint Launch In Amesbury Postponed!

Just checked my e-mail this morning and informed by CMASS President (Kenn Blade) that the Saturday November 17th Joint Launch w/NORG is postponed to Sunday the 18th due to BAD FIELD conditions. At this time I am uncertain if I still have a ride to the event due to change to Sunday. Keep checking posts! Also, chance that event may be pushed to December or cancelled altogether according to Kenn.

More
5 years 5 months ago #9210 by Niteowl67
NORG DONE FOR 2018!

NORG can not do a Joint Launch w/CMASS on Sunday November 18th! Officially NORG is done for the season. Our plans are to have an expanded schedule of events for the 2019 season (maybe even Celebratory 50th Moon Landing Launch!). See you next year!