× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Where to Purchase Single Use AeroTech composite Engines

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8949 by deangelo54
In the last two years I have had a difficult time finding a source for AeroTech single use composite engines at a good price. This year has been the worst. I used to buy from Hobbylinc but they are always out of stock. I have tried various sites and either they are out of stock or if they have them, the prices are very high. Where do you all purchase your mid power engines? Do you mostly use CTI?
These are the engines I am looking for:
E20-4W or E20-7W
F23-4FJ
F42-4T 0r F42-7T

Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by deangelo54.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #8952 by Roland
Have you tried buyrocketmotors.com? Those engines you mentioned don't have a hazmat charge.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #8953 by deangelo54
I just visited buyrocketmotors.com. They are sold out of most of the motors I need and their prices are not that good. I do appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my post. Overall the best prices and availability is from www.ncphobbies.com

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8955 by DanTyszka1966
I've purchased from buyrocketmotors.com and wildmanrocketry.com the past couple of years, and was happy with the pricing, products, packing, and service.

Looks like Wildman carries the motors you're looking for. I usually buy my F50 and G40-sized SU AP motors from him by mail in quantities large enough to make the per order Hazmat cost "reasonable." But it also looks like his prices have gone up significantly since the last time I ordered (in 2015). And I recall last time my order from Wildman took quite awhile to arrive. (Prob because I ordered during the weeks of LDRS and TARC.) I once tried to buy motors from the Wildman at a launch but was disappointed that he didn't have the ones I needed in stock, so I usually plan ahead, bite the Hazmat fee bullet, ahead and order thru the mail.

I recall Sirius Rocketry was also selling Aerotech SU motors last time I was shopping. But they were pricy as well.

Now that I've taken a look, ncphobbies.com prices do look pretty good.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by DanTyszka1966. Reason: Added content

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #8956 by deangelo54
Hobbylinc has the best prices for Aerotech SU engines but for the last two years they have had supply problems. They show the engines on their site but they list them as out of stock. Sirius and Chris Rocket Supply have a good price for the E20-4W engines but not the others. ncphobbies.com has good prices on the 29 mm F engines.