× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Project Torrent

• deangelo54
  • deangelo54's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #8846 by deangelo54
Replied by deangelo54 on topic Project Torrent
The forged eye bolts I purchased are very close to the ones listed in your URL. Mine have an outside diameter that is 1/16 of an inch smaller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8854 by deangelo54
I think the eye bolts I purchased from Granger are cast not forged. Do you think that will be a problem. Would you like to sell some of the forged 1/4 eye bolts that you have? If so either you can get my email address from Kenn or I can get yours from him. I already installed one on the forward centering ring and the MMT is installed in the booster section. I think I can add another eye bolt by getting a drill bit extension to drill another hole in the CR and access the CR by cutting an opening in the body tube then gluing the opening closed.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by deangelo54.

• deangelo54
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #8857 by deangelo54
After further review of the eye bolts and consulting with experts, the eye bolts are fine. The build is progressing well. The MMT and all the fins are installed. I completed the fin fillets. I used the technique I learned from Randy as shown on his YouTube video.
Check out the 6:00 mark. I used 30 Zpoxy instead of the West System. The remaining items are the forward rail button, the AeroPak engine retainer and of course painting. I have not decided on a color scheme yet so suggestions are welcome.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by deangelo54. Reason: Grammer and Spelling