× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Joint Launch with RIMRA on 11 June 2016

• KennB
  • KennB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #8329 by KennB
We have a joint launch scheduled for 11 June with the Rhode Island Model Rocket Association (RIMRA) at their field in West Kingston, RI. Check their website for directions. Set up will start at 9 AM and we'll fly well into the afternoon.

There is an airshow taking place in the area both days that weekend so we must limit flights to 1500-feet maximum. We can launch HPR but please select your rocket and motor combinations to stay below the 1500-foot limit. This applies to low-and mid-power rockets, too.

The plan is to use the CMASS ring of 11 pads and launch controller for low- and mid-power flights and the RIMRA HPR set up including their wireless launch controller.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by KennB.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8342 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Joint Launch with RIMRA on 11 June 2016
I'm looking to car pool to West Kingston RI from the Amesbury MA general vicinity if anyone is interested. Will know by Wed 8-Jun if I am available to attend. Will have the igniter wires maintenance completed by mid-week too, so those need to go south even if I do not. Thanks, -Alan

P.S. Unrelated: One of you CMASS web admins when you get a moment please add the year to the titles of articles by Claude M. back thru 7-Oct-2015 ///
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by alan.
  • KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #8343 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Joint Launch with RIMRA on 11 June 2016
Alan,

Thanks for the work on the wires and all the rest you've been doing. I'll be heading down and would be happy to have the company even if it's just the wires. We can firm up plans later in the week.
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8351 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Joint Launch with RIMRA on 11 June 2016
Unfortunately I will not be able to make the 11-Jun-2016 RIMRA launch. Kenn, I can drop off to you one box of igniter wires and couplers. I'll send you an email to set up a day/time before Saturday. -Alan
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by alan.
  • KennB
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #8352 by KennB
Replied by KennB on topic Joint Launch with RIMRA on 11 June 2016
THE JOINT LAUNCH HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
RIMRA is updating their FAA waiver and the new one hasn't been issued yet.
We will be rescheduling the launch and will advise.