× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Metal launch pad maint volunteer needed

• alan
  • alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #8164 by alan
Hi Seth, Thank you for your offer. Not having the space nor a compressor at the moment, I'm looking for a turnkey solution where I can delegate the task to a volunteer to do the sandblasting part.

Also, we need the following...

2 parts fabricated for the 15x15 pad: (1) an adapter to hold the blast deflector on the pad when a rod is used - this would be a 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch piece of stock (same dimensions as the 15x15 rail) -or- a piece of pipe, about 12 inches long, with a cap on the end; (2) drill a 5/8 inch hole in the plate steel deflector and fabricate an appropriate steel plug for the hole (for use when the rail is installed.) I can provide you with the pad so you can do the work.

20 +/- blast deflectors for the LPR pads. Include a 1/4 inch I.D. split pin sleeve in the hole in the middle (so the deflector will stay horizontal on a rod up to 1/4 inch diameter). I can provide a sample and/or drawing..
Thanks, -Alan ///
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alan
  • alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #8181 by alan
Replied by alan on topic Metal launch pad maint volunteer needed
Update 23-Nov-2015: Dominic S stepped forward to sandblast the HPR pad parts, thank you Dominic.

Still looking for help on:

2 parts fabricated for the 15x15 pad: (1) an adapter to hold the blast deflector on the pad when a rod is used - this would be a 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch piece of stock (same dimensions as the 15x15 rail) -or- a piece of pipe, about 12 inches long, with a cap on the end; (2) drill a 5/8 inch hole in the plate steel deflector and fabricate an appropriate steel plug for the hole (for use when the rail is installed.) I can provide you with the pad so you can do the work.

20 +/- blast deflectors for the LPR pads. Include a 1/4 inch I.D. split pin sleeve in the hole in the middle (so the deflector will stay horizontal on a rod up to 1/4 inch diameter). I can provide a sample and/or drawing..
Thanks, -Alan ///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.