× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Volunteer(s) for MIT Summer Camp Launch, July 31?

• jcsalem
  • jcsalem's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #8033 by jcsalem
The English Language Center at MIT is holding a rocket class and launch as part of their Summer Camp.

Bill sent out a call for volunteers back in April and got a few replies. I thought I'd send out an update with the final details to confirm the previous volunteers and solicit new ones.

They mostly need someone(s) to help with the launch on Friday July 31st. In addition, while not essential, they'd also appreciate help with the build sessions on Wednesday and Thursday. There are a total of 12-15 kids in the class.

Launch Details:
When: 2:45pm to 5pm on Friday, July 31st
Where: Acton School St. Field
You'll need to bring launch equipment (you can pick up the club's gear from Howard G or you can use your own).

Build Session Details:
When: 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday and/or Thursday, July 29-30
Where: MIT, Cambridge, MA
You would only need to be there for part of the time.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out with one or the other or both.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #8034 by jbuscaglia
Jim,

I believe that this is the original thread .

More
8 years 9 months ago #8035 by deangelo54
As a mentor for the MIT College Rocket Team I would like to offer my time and help to volunteer for the Thursday build session and Friday launch. I can bring some gear for the build session and launch equipment for the Friday launch.

Contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as I do not get on the CMASS forum that much.

Frank DeAngelo
781-267-3462