× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Centuri Enerjet motors

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #7420 by ClaudeMaina
Centuri Enerjet motors was created by ClaudeMaina
Dick Nelson, of Pearl River fame, gave me a lot of Centuri Enerjet motors this afternoon. He says he is downsizing and getting rid of a lot of old rocket stuff. He still has some educational materials and Estes rocket bulk packs, if anyone is interested. Back to the motors - a LOT OF MOTORS. All are 18 mm and in packs of 3, except for the A4-4M, which are 13 mm and in packs of 4. All have igniters. The list is:

B6-6, 12 packs
A8-0, 22 packs
B8-3, 10 packs
C6-5, 12 packs
C5-3S, 10 packs
B4-2, 12 packs
B6-0, 12 packs
C6-7, 10 packs
A4-4M, 12 packs

I know very little about Enerjet motors and will defer to those that have more knowledge. My understanding is that they were discontinued in 1976. If so, these are old and I don't know if it is even NAR-permitted to fly them. Dick says that he has stored them properly, and doesn't know the last time he flew one. I have use for some of the motors and will pull out a few packs for myself, the rest are free for the taking. If it is permitted to use them, I'll try a few at the next launch in a couple of rockets that I don't mind loosing. If anyone wants to wait for those results before they decide to claim a few packs, that's fine with me.

If they are no longer permitted, I'll use them to start a barnfire behind our barn next winter - or maybe start a small one at this year's night launch to keep warm!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7421 by jbuscaglia
Replied by jbuscaglia on topic Re: Centuri Enerjet motors
The "real" Enerjet motors were composite E's and F's. They were indeed discontinued around 1976. I remember seeing the ads for the clearance sale in The Model Rocketeer, the NAR's magazine at the time.

If I recall correctly, Centuri rebranded their low-power BP motors with the Enerjet name some time after that. Early '80s, maybe?

If they were stored properly, they should be fine. I would expect that Dick did have them stored properly.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7422 by billspad
Replied by billspad on topic Re: Centuri Enerjet motors

If I recall correctly, Centuri rebranded their low-power BP motors with the Enerjet name some time after that. Early '80s, maybe?

I looked on Ninfinger. The name changes in the 1979 Centuri catalog.